As Mainers ourselves, we are proud of our ongoing representation of clients throughout our state. Although we represent companies and individuals in sophisticated commercial matters, we also take great satisfaction in providing the highest quality representation to the citizens of Maine, from Kittery to Fort Kent.
Sample engagements that may give you a further feel for our practice include:
- Representation of secured lender in Chapter 11 case involving corporate debtor that owned home heating oil business and convenience stores. The client was paid all principal, interest and attorneys fees.
- Representation of developer that purchased large distressed condominium project from Federal Court receiver. Resolved numerous environmental, title, zoning, construction, permitting and other operational matters. The project is now doing well in a bad economy.
- Representation of large diversified oil and real estate company in its acquisition of out-of-state home heating oil/energy businesses doing business in three states.
- Representation of local municipality in connection with lengthy and complex zoning board hearings and landowner’s appeal through Maine court system.
- Representation of local lumber company against guarantor of Chapter 11 debtor’s obligations establishing new precedent on issue of first impression and obtaining payment in full for client.
- Representation of owner of shopping mall in connection with the successful extrication of the mall property from a Delaware Chapter 11 bankruptcy estate of corporate debtor.
- Representation of secured lenders financing numerous borrowers in complex lending transactions. Borrowers include corporate acquirer of large manufacturing facility, hospitals, auto dealers, charitable organizations, real estate developers, nursing homes, private schools, etc.
- Representation of minority shareholder in dispute with majority shareholder resulting in acquisition of 100 percent of the stock of small business in Mid Coast Maine.
- Representation of international oil and gas pipeline company seeking to maximize collection of substantial debt owed by Chapter 11 energy company.
- Representation of Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 case involving telecommunications company, obtaining modest dividend for creditors in an otherwise “no asset” case.
- Representation of Chapter 7, 11 and 13 debtors in Bankruptcy Court.